Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency, and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
What We’re Looking For
As we enhance our global expansion efforts and go-to-market strategy, we are looking for a Database Administrator to join our Database Administration team on a contract term.
Reporting to our Senior DBA, the Database Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the optimum performance of the Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) Server database platforms that underpin Kneat’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving initiatives to improve the resiliency of the platform and pairing with the Kneat development teams to optimize the performance of the Kneat Gx application. We are seeking a highly competent and highly motivated SQL Server DBA to fill this role.
- Managing SQL Server instances in a virtualized environment.
- Managing customer databases in a production environment.
- Managing Kneat production databases.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO).
- Managing High Availability (HA) of SQL Server databases.
- Managing database backups and disaster recovery.
- Resolving database-related incidents.
- Automation of operational tasks.
- Mentoring junior members of the DBA team.
- Developing operational policies, procedures, controls, and standards.
- Helping Developers to improve database performance.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- 3–5+ years of experience with Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another relevant discipline.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and scripting (including PowerShell).
- Experience working with Windows servers, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations in a virtualized environment.
- Good communication and documentation skills are essential.
- You possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to be an effective team player in a cross-functional environment.
- You are a problem solver who brings fresh, original thinking to company and customer problems.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in a similar role in a highly regulated complex industry such as life sciences (biopharma, pharmaceuticals, or medical device), security and defense, or food and beverage is a plus.
- Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria.
- Involvement with the MSSQL Server Community.
- Certification is a plus: MCTS; MCITP; MVP.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Service is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus.
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects, and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.