User Experience Designer
Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency, and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
What We’re Looking For
As we enhance our global expansion efforts and go-to-market strategy, we are looking for a User Experience Designer to join our Software Development team on a contract term.
Reporting to our Software Development Manager, the User Experience Designer will work directly with the product owners, end-users, and development teams to define, refine, and implement new processes and products.
The successful candidate will be able to take our business requirements and any technical limitations, and translate these into coherent designs utilizing user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes. We are seeking a collaborative and energized individual to drive our product functionality design to the next level. If you embrace working in an Agile development environment, we want to hear from you!
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product owners and scrum teams.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to functions and features.
- Help develop and communicate a coherent design policy across the company.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Two or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in design software, such as Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Axure, UXPin, etc.
- Ability to work with customers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet business needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design creative solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking, Lean UX, Lean Startup, or similar methodologies.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), user testing, rapid prototyping, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- You are a problem solver who brings fresh, original thinking to company and customer problems.
- You possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to be an effective team player in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Experience in designing and building icons.
- UI/web design experience.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
- Git experience.
- Knowledge or experience of User Story Mapping.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in a similar role in a highly regulated complex industry such as life sciences (biopharma, pharmaceuticals, or medical device), security and defense, or food and beverage is a plus.
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects, and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.