Senior Financial Analyst
Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
As we enhance our financial planning, reporting and analysis activities, we are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team.
Reporting to our Finance leadership team, the Senior Financial Analyst will manage all of Kneat’s financial planning and analysis activities including preparation of budgets & forecasts, for all aspects of the business from revenue, to spending, cashflow and balance sheet.
With a key responsibility to upgrade financial planning systems, processes and procedures, and ensure internal controls relating to budgets are in place and operate effectively, the Senior Financial Analyst will also provide support to management in the development of KPI’s and metrics, incorporating those metrics into planning tools to develop forecasts and targets.
- Preparation of annual budget, and quarterly forecasts with the input of department managers for presentation to senior management and the Board.
- Regular interaction and communication with commercial, professional services and business teams to ensure accuracy of financial plans, in particular, work closely with sales management, and professional services to keep revenue forecasts up to date and track progress against monthly and quarterly targets.
- Review of monthly actuals v budget in support of the monthly reporting process and quarterly public reporting.
- Review of monthly actuals v budget with department managers.
- Through both financial analysis and working with business teams, identify areas for cost savings.
- Support management in the development of KPI’s and metrics.
- Update planning tools to support developing forecasts and targets for metrics.
- Report on KPI’s and metrics
- Maintain “cheat sheets” and briefing information of key historical and forecast information for CFO and CEO for analyst and IR meetings.
- Ensure all appropriate budgetary controls are in place and continue to operate effectively.
- Continue to develop and refine existing forecasting systems and processes.
- Evaluate alternative budgeting systems and if appropriate work with the Financial Systems Lead to lead the implementation of new systems.
- Lead and support improvement initiatives across the finance department and the business.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Fully qualified with an Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) certification
- 5+ years of PQE in a financial planning and analysis role.
- High level of proficiency with excel is essential. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications; Power BI experience is an advantage.
- High level of attention to detail; ensuring both numerical and written accuracy.
- Positive self-motivated individual with excellent communication and teamworking skills.
- Experience with non-excel budget/ planning systems is an advantage.
- Public company experience is an advantage.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus (not a requirement)
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Kneat is an equal opportunity employer.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.