We are seeking a scrum master who is a high energy, self-motivated, team player who enjoys both technical and creative challenges and has had success in building and motivating dynamic teams within a fast-paced agile environment.
We work with the brightest and most talented people who are passionate about technology and creativity. We have a fun yet challenging work environment and will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to use the most current technologies in a rapidly growing workforce.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Cultivating a culture in which team members feel comfortable voicing questions and concerns as well as contributing ideas that drive team growth.
- Providing all support to teams using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Working with the team to establish a team vision.
- Managing expectations and effectively mediating between the team and key stakeholders.
- Working with the development team to put systems in place that guide team members toward meeting team goals and objectives.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Guiding teams and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding teams on how to get the most out of self-organisation.
- Guiding teams on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Removing impediments or guiding teams to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and propagating information.
- B.Sc./B.Eng. or greater in a computing discipline within a software engineering environment.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in fulfilling the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach, particularly User Story Mapping, Product Discovery and various Retrospective formats.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical, business resources, all levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Strong team player and mentoring skills.
- Scrum certification.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Scrum@Scale, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Agile Games, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Experience in using Azure DevOps to gather metrics for teams.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.