Revenue and Accounts Receivable Accountant
The Revenue and Accounts Receivable Accountant is responsible for preparing financial information surrounding the revenue and accounts receivable department that is accurate, timely, meaningful and in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
In addition, the Revenue and Accounts Receivable Accountant must implement, document and maintain appropriate internal controls and accounting processes around the revenue and accounts receivable process. Primary responsibilities include:
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Research and assessment of appropriate IFRS accounting treatment for sales contracts to determine appropriate application of revenue recognition under IFRS 15, including reparation of accounting memos.
- Preparation of revenue and account receivable journal entries for customer contracts and the preparation of reconciliations for these accounts on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Maintain and contribute to internal controls structure to ensure accurate financial reporting for the accounts receivable and revenue process.
- Recommend and implement ways to streamline the accounts receivable and revenue processes.
- Regular interaction and communication with commercial, professional services and business teams to ensure timely processing of transaction and accuracy of financial records and ensure accuracy of financial reporting of revenue and accounts receivable in published Financial Statements.
- Support the preparation of revenue and AR related sections of the published Financial Statements and related documents.
- Support the annual audits and interim reviews by auditors of accounts receivable and revenue.
- Perform credit assessments and make recommendations on credit limits for new customer. Review and recommend revised credit limits for existing customers as required.
- Responsible for customer billing in line with contract milestones and collection management under agreed terms.
- Communicate with operational and business teams to ensure billing is up to date.
- Work with senior management and legal counsel on contract review and revision.
- Analysis of VAT, sales taxes and other relevant tax requirements arising out of customer contracts, and delivery/ billing requirements.
- Report and analyse revenue results.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Work on special revenue projects, including the implementation of a new accounting/ ERP system, and preparation for SOX level compliance.
- Lead and support improvement initiatives for accounts receivable and revenue processes.
- Other duties as required.
- Fully qualified with an Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) certification.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of PQE, preferably as a Revenue accountant in a software company operating internationally.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting theory and demonstrated ability to apply theory in practice;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and a high-level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Expertise in Excel is an asset.
- Experience in implementing new accounting/ERP systems is a plus.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.