QC Test Engineer
Become part of an exciting, passionate and fast paced team. We are looking for a ‘QC Test Engineer’ who is an outstanding team player with a positive attitude; a self-motivated professional with dynamic hands-on functional and automation QC testing experience. You will get to work with and learn some of the latest cutting edge technologies, in an a growing business that’s having a transforming impact within the global Validation Life Cycle Management.
At Kneat, we cultivate a fun, self-organised, multi-disciplinary environment that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
As a QC Test Engineer you will systematically test application functionality, both as part of the test cycle and before the go-live phase of each development. You should have previous experience of test driven development, and an interest or some background in software development.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- This position requires you to develop and maintain test scripts
- Execute and analyse test cases and document software defects
- Execute regression testing on new and existing releases
- Be able to integrate and work in a cross functional agile team to deliver a high quality product
- Liaise with other team members on maintaining product quality
- Develop and contribute to a value-add software assurance process
- Requires you to contribute towards the creation and maintenance of a quality test automation framework for a web application.
- Create and drive the design of automation test cases from software requirements in conjunction with a functional understanding of the application under test.
- Contribute to the production of test specifications.
- Improve the CI process across teams.
- Analyze results arising from test execution and to accurately record test activities and tracking of defects.
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in using test automation tools for test execution against a web application such as, HP UFT (QTP) or Selenium.
- Expert in an OO programming language such as C# or Java.
- Proficient in testing techniques, utilizing test automation frameworks and processes, and have a strong knowledge on all phases of testing.
- Previous coding experience would be advantageous
- Ability to use initiative and willing to generate ideas to continuously refine testing processes to improve quality.
- Possess a strong technical aptitude with the ability to identify, analyse and solve problems.
- Experience with continuous integration tools.
- BSc in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience.
- ISTQB Certification is advantageous
- Experienced with hands-on web application software testing.
- Proficient in test case design and execution.
- Proficient in system, integration and regression testing.
- Passionate about Software Testing and have an excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SCRUM and/or experience working in an Agile environment
- Have a strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail oriented, analytical mindset, perfection seeker.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.