Junior Cloud Automation Engineer
Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency, and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
What We’re Looking For
As we enhance our global expansion efforts and go-to-market strategy, we are looking for a Junior Cloud Automation Engineer to join our Cloud Automation team on a contract term
Reporting to our Cloud Automation Technical Lead, the Junior Cloud Automation Engineer will support the successful delivery of projects to our clients.
The successful candidate will help provide our internal users with tools to facilitate operational excellence in managing Kneat’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) vision, which primarily focuses on robustness, scaling, visibility, and streamlining validation. We are seeking a collaborative and, energized individual to improve processes and further automate operational tasks. If you are a strong team player with the ability to work with others to deliver change, we want to hear from you!
- Engineer and automate the Kneat SaaS solution for security, reliability, and scale.
- Create and/or improve the tools that enable observability of the availability and performance of cloud services.
- Apply DevOps principles and practices to speed up the delivery of change to the SaaS environment.
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with provided cloud services.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- Degree (or equivalent) in a computing or engineering discipline.
- Experience of working with cloud environments (preferably AWS, but Azure and GCP also considered).
- A high level of technical fluency and ability to efficiently use online documentation/resources and a logical problem-solving approach to pick up new technologies.
- Some System Administrator experience, preferably working with Windows, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Scripting experience, preferably using Powershell or Python, and experience with Git.
- An understanding of basic networking concepts (IP addresses, networks/subnets, TCP Ports).
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration Tools, Containerizsationor Infrastructure-As-Code concepts a benefit.
- Strong team player with the ability to work with others to deliver change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – a part of the role will involve increasing the overall knowledge of Cloud/DevOps methodologies across the organization.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a continuous learning mindset.
- You are a problem solver who brings fresh, original thinking to company and customer problems.
- You possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to be an effective team player in a cross-functional environment.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in a similar role in a highly regulated complex industry such as life sciences (biopharma, pharmaceuticals, or medical device), security and defense, or food and beverage is a plus.
- Experience with the following would also be beneficial:
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Previous software development or quality assurance experience would be a significant advantage.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodology beneficial.
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects, and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.