IT Technical Support Engineer
Kneat Solutions is looking to hire an experienced IT Support Engineer for our Limerick office.
This role requires an individual who is highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple tickets simultaneously, as well as learning new skills and procedures along the way. You will work as part of an overall Service Desk & Deskside Support team to ensure that all issues and requests submitted to the centralised IT Service Desk and assigned to your queue are dealt with promptly, appropriately and courteously.
The role will also require awareness and compliance with established SLA’s and will also require the role holder to conform to all Information and Cyber Security policies and procedures that are in place.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Logging & owning support issues and incidents until resolution and acting as primary support liaison between company and its customers.
- Conducting regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Documenting relevant support ticket/issue information and ensuring that customer communication is handled in a timely manner and in compliance with Service Level Agreements throughout the life-cycle of the issue, until it is completely resolved.
- Analysis of software issues reported, identification of known issues where applicable and reporting of known solutions or workarounds to customer within timeframe set out by Service Level Agreements.
- Development of workarounds for software issues reported where workarounds do not already exist.
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge base content for peers and customer use and reference, ensuring that known issues and workarounds are clearly documented in the knowledge base.
- Identification of training needs for customers and development of operation documents to address these issues.
- Collaboration with the Development, QC and QA teams on issue resolution; providing feedback to Development and QC to help improve the product quality and reliability.
- Setup of test environments as necessary for replication of customer reported issues and provision of documentation on these setups.
- Participating in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Communicating application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including Management, Development, and Sales teams.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of Kneat’s Customer Support processes and procedures.
- Becoming an application expert and training resource for the Customer Support team.
- Preparing end user and technical user documentation.
- Supporting Professional Services team in the field for all project requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, installs, upgrades & configuration.
- Attending customer sites, when required, to support installations, training, go lives & review meetings, always providing a high level of customer service.
- Ensuring that customers are treated with highest degree of respect and drive operational excellence through quality closures and proper escalation of issues.
- Design, generation and execution of software test protocols.
- Reporting non-conformances and managing the life-cycle of non-conformances in Kneat’s tracking system.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of testing strategies and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field advantageous.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Logical approach to problem solving, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high urgency and or ambiguous situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Willing to travel, if required
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.