Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency, and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
What We’re Looking For
As we enhance our global expansion efforts and go-to-market strategy, we are looking for an enthusiastic Deployment Engineer to join our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Operations team on a contract term.
Reporting to our SaaS Operations Lead, the Deployment Engineer will install, configure, integrate, and test new and upgraded environments hosted on Kneat’s SaaS platform.
The successful candidate will work with cross-functional teams to plan and implement the technical aspects of SaaS-based implementation projects and/or related services engagements. We are seeking a collaborative and energized individual to increase the consistency and throughput of the Deployment function through the streamlining of processes and the increased adoption of automation tooling. If you have experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodology, we want to hear from you!
- Deploy our SaaS-based solutions, delivering a fully functional solution to our clients and solution validation teams.
- Review and execute technical project plans to ensure the IT-related deliverables are aligned with implementation project plans and are within the technical specifications of the solutions being implemented.
- Provide consistent updates throughout the life of the projects to project managers and services leadership regarding the status of the deployment.
- Manage the lifecycle during the deployment of new instances and upgrading of existing instances.
- Continuously work to improve the quality and efficiency of our deployment processes.
- Work to automate manual deployment processes to ensure consistency and increase the throughput of the deployment team.
- Prepare and execute the documentation required to qualify the customer environments.
- Provide feedback to technical project managers and services leadership regarding process improvements, improvements to our technical project plans, and documentation.
- Update and document client configuration information in our client configuration database during and after each deployment.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through excellent customer care in deployment, support, and troubleshooting.
- Willing to occasionally work outside core hours to minimize the impact of downtime to customers.
- Willing to travel, if required.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a computer or technology discipline.
- Outstanding writing skills to document determined outcomes and defined processes clearly.
- A passion for quality and the ability to accurately follow documentation to ensure the consistent deployment of customer environments.
- System Administration experience, preferably working with Windows, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Good understanding and experienceworkingwithAWS services and cloud operation concepts.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure components that support a modern web application architecture.
- Scripting experience, preferably using PowerShell or Python, and experience with Git.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multitask, and effectively prioritize conflicting assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- A perfection seeker with a strong sense of ownership.
- A passionate, detail-orientated fast learner with an analytical mindset.
- You are a problem solver who brings fresh, original thinking to company and customer problems.
- You possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to be an effective team player in a cross-functional environment.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in a similar role in a highly regulated complex industry such as life sciences (biopharma, pharmaceuticals, or medical device), security and defense, or food and beverage is a plus.
- Experience with the following would be beneficial.
- Experience working with GxP practices.
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies -CI-CD stacks, Terraform, Kubernetes, containers.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- Previous software development or quality assurance experience would be a significant advantage.
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects, and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.