Cyber Security Engineer
Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency, and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
What We’re Looking For
As the company continues to expand, we are currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Operations team to help develop, operate, and enhance Kneat’s security tooling and procedures.
Reporting to our SaaS Operations Lead, the Cyber Security Engineer will primarily work with the SaaS Operations team but will also integrate closely with the Cloud Automation team to ensure that future enhancements to Kneat’s SaaS solution are optimized from a security perspective. The successful candidate will work to optimize Kneat’s security tooling, with a particular focus on maximizing the value provided by the SIEM solution.
We are seeking a collaborative, energized individual to support the successful delivery of our Kneat Gx SaaS solution, which primarily focuses on helping our customers to digitize and manage their validation, commissioning, and qualification processes. If you are a strong team player with a results-oriented track record, we want to hear from you!
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all information security aspects of the SaaS platform. This will involve partnering closely with the other SaaS Operations teams to ensure that the appropriate security controls are implemented and to continuously evolve these controls to deliver optimum protection.
- Continuously work to optimize Kneat’s security tooling, with a particular focus on maximizing the value provided by the SIEM solution.
- Represent SaaS Security during ISO/Customer Audits ensuring that the evidence for information security is up to date and in line with expectations/procedures.
- Partake in the process of responding to customer information-security questionnaires.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of security-related policies/standard operating procedures.
- Own the development and maintenance of the risk register for Kneat’s SaaS platform.
- Oversee the configuration and operation of the AWS security solutions, such as AWS WAF, AWS Guard duty, Inspector, and Security Center.
- Partake in incident management and root cause analysis exercises.
- Partner with Operations and Development teams to architect solutions that are optimized per security best practices.
- Constantly keep up to date with emerging threats and trends within the Cyber Security space.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Degree or equivalent in a computing or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a Cyber Security Engineer (or similar) capacity.
- Experience supporting penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, IAM, and SIEM tools.
- Extensive knowledge of technologies such as Kali Linux, endpoint protection and detection, IDS and IPS tools and vulnerability scanning tools, malware detection and prevention.
- Knowledge of the CIS security standards.
- Solid understanding and experience with AWS services and cloud operation concepts.
- Containerization and Kubernetes experience, preferably with Amazon EKS and ECR.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, routing, VPN, load-balancing, SMTP.
- Knowledge of encryption protocols and SQL server data encryption solutions.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK.
- Strong team player with a results-oriented track record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a problem solver who brings fresh, original thinking to company and customer problems.
- You possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to be an effective team player in a cross-functional environment.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a continuous learning mindset.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in a similar role in a highly regulated complex industry such as life sciences (biopharma, pharmaceuticals, or medical device), security and defense, or food and beverage is a plus.
- Experience with the following would also be beneficial:
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies -CI-CD stacks, Git, Azure DevOps.
- Competent in infrastructure automation practices.
- System Administrator background with a solid understanding of the core concepts.
- Previous experience in delivering SaaS services to customers who operate in a regulated environment.
- Agile/Kanban methodology.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- AWS Certified.
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects, and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.