Customer Technical Support Engineer (USA)
Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
As we enhance our provision of professional services, we are looking for a Customer Technical Support Engineer, US Region to join our growing Professional Services team in North America.
This role requires an individual who is customer orientated, highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple tickets simultaneously, as well as learning new products/technologies, skills and procedures along the way. You will work as part of an overall Service Desk Support team to ensure that all issues and requests submitted to the centralised Service Desk, and assigned to your queue, are dealt with promptly, appropriately and courteously.
The role will also require awareness and compliance with established SLA’s and will also require the role holder to conform to all Information and Cyber Security policies and procedures that are in place.
- Logging & owning support issues and incidents until resolution and acting as primary support liaison between company and its customers; Conducting regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans associated with tickets/issues.
- Documenting relevant support ticket/issue information and ensuring that customer communication is handled in a timely manner and in compliance with Service Level Agreements throughout the lifecycle of the issue, until it is completely resolved.
- Analysis of software issues reported, identification of known issues where applicable and reporting of known solutions or workarounds to customer within timeframe set out by Service Level Agreements.
- Development of workarounds for software issues reported where workarounds do not already exist.
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge base content for peers and customer use and reference, ensuring that known issues and workarounds are clearly documented in the knowledge base.
- Identification of training needs for customers, and development of operation documents to address these issues.
- Collaboration with the Development, QC and QA teams on issue resolution; providing feedback to Development and QC to help improve the product quality and reliability.
- Setup of test environments as necessary for replication of customer reported issues and provision of documentation on these setups.
- Participating in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Communicating application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including Management, Engineering, Professional Services and Sales teams.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a best-in-class, multi-level customer support model, in consultation with other functions and stakeholders, that first and foremost seeks to empower and enable customers to resolve their own queries immediately by leveraging content and technology.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of Kneat’s Customer Support processes and procedures.
- Becoming an application expert and training resource for the Customer Support team.
- Preparing end user and technical user documentation.
- Supporting Professional Services team in the field for all project requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, installs, upgrades & configuration.
- Attending customer meetings/sites, when required, to support issues, installations, training, go lives & review meetings, always providing a high level of customer service.
- Ensuring that customers are treated with highest degree of respect and drive operational excellence through quality closures and proper escalation of issues.
- Design, generation, and execution of software test protocols.
- Reporting non-conformances and managing the lifecycle of non-conformances in Kneat’s tracking system, ensuring traceability between Zendesk and Azure DevOps.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of testing strategies and productivity.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Logical approach to problem solving, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high urgency and or ambiguous situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Willing to travel, if required.
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter. All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Kneat is an equal opportunity employer.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.