Application Technical Support Engineer
Kneat enables regulated organizations to move from paper-based validation to intelligent, digitized, paperless solutions. And we do it through the ongoing development of a powerful, purpose-built software platform. In 2014, after 8 years of intensive software development, we launched the world’s most advanced validation software to help revolutionize the speed, precision, transparency, and intelligence of validation in the Life Sciences sector. The solution is now used by some of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies.
What We’re Looking For
As we enhance our global expansion efforts and go-to-market strategy, we are looking for an Application Technical Support Engineer to join our Service Desk Support team on a night-shift contract (Asia/Pacific Cover: 10:00 pm-06:30 am GMT)
Reporting to our Customer Support Manager, the Application Technical Support Engineer will work as part of an overall Service Desk Support team to ensure that all issues and requests are submitted to the centralized Service Desk, assigned to the correct queue, and are dealt with promptly, appropriately, and courteously.
The successful candidate will be customer-orientated and highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple tickets simultaneously—,as well as learning new products/technologies, skills, and procedures along the way. If you embrace elite customer support, we want to hear from you!
- Log & own proprietary software support issues and incidents until resolution and act as primary support liaison between the company and its customers.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates, and action plans associated with tickets/issues.
- Document relevant support ticket/issue information and ensure that customer communication is handled in a timely manner and in compliance with Service Level Agreements throughout the lifecycle of the issue until it is completely resolved.
- Analyze software issues reported, identify known issues where applicable, and report known solutions or workarounds to the customer within the timeframe set out by Service Level Agreements.
- Develop workarounds for software issues reported where workarounds do not already exist.
- Create and maintain knowledge base content for peers, customer use, and reference ensuring that known issues and workarounds are clearly documented in the knowledge base.
- Identify training needs for customers, and develop operation documents to address these issues.
- Collaborate with the Development, QC, and QA teams on issue resolution; provide feedback to Development and QC to help improve the product quality and reliability.
- Set up of test environments as necessary for replication of customer-reported issues and provision of documentation on these setups.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including Management, Engineering, Professional Services, and Sales teams.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a best-in-class, multi-level customer support model, in consultation with other functions and stakeholders, that first and foremost seeks to empower and enable customers to resolve their own queries immediately by leveraging content and technology.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Kneat’s Customer Support processes and procedures.
- Become an application expert and training resource for the Customer Support team.
- Prepare end user and technical user documentation.
- Support the Professional Services team in the field for all project requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, installs, upgrades, and configuration.
- Attend customer meetings/sites, when required, to support issues, installations, training, go-lives, and review meetings, while always providing a high level of customer service.
- Ensure that customers are treated with the highest degree of respect and drive operational excellence through quality closures and proper escalation of issues.
- Design, generate, and execute software test protocols.
- Report non-conformances and manage the lifecycle of non-conformances in Kneat’s tracking system, ensuring traceability between Zendesk and Azure DevOps.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of testing strategies and productivity.
- Availability to work from 10:00 pm to 06.30am GMT, Monday to Friday.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree(or similar)in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Minimum of two years hands-on experience.
- Ability to diagnose and address application issues.
- Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- The ability to analyze log files and find problems based exceptions recorded in application log files.
- The ability to identify steps to reproduce software issues that have been reported by our customers
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Logical approach to problem-solving, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high urgency and or ambiguous situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and ability to prioritize own workload.
- Willing to travel, if required.
- You are a problem solver who brings fresh, original thinking to company and customer problems.
- You possess a high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to be an effective team player in a cross-functional environment.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in a similar role in a highly regulated complex industry such as life sciences (biopharma, pharmaceuticals, or medical device), security and defense, or food and beverage is a plus.
What We Offer
At Kneat, we truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects, and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy, and a high-growth successful company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health benefits.
- Training & professional development.
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
Talk to us
Find out how Kneat can make your validation easier, faster, and smarter.
Start your paperless validation revolution by speaking to our experts.